1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Leisurely family time - even better if it's at an enjoyable destination.
2. What is your greatest fear?
That I may somehow fail my family.
3. What makes a book great?
Mystery & suspense with a little of everything else to make it plausible.
4. Who are your favorite writers?
You of course but for a librarian, it's kind of like choosing your favorite kid.
5. Who is your favorite character in fiction?
Again too many good choices but I will have to go with a TV character, Phryne Fischer. She's unconventional, an amateur sleuth, and in a fascinating era that I probably would probably not really enjoying living in but find interesting none the less. Or Jessica Fletcher...
6. What historical figure do you most identify with?
I have no clue. Historical figures that come to mind are either infamous or embodied some form of greatness. Some were a bit crazed but inspired. I'm just trying to get through the day and make the world around me a slightly better place, mostly through books and raising good kids (my adult children and now students.)
7. Which talent would you most like to have?
It would be great if I could carry a tune. My husband and kids are so musical. All sing and play multiple instruments well and in groups. Although none are so inclined at the moment and I really miss it!
8. What do you like most about my books?
Multi-dimensional women with a knack for finding and fixing trouble.
9. What is your most treasured possession?
The copy of The Giving Tree that belonged to my grandmother. We read it together a lot.
10. What is your motto?
Currently - "Be the 'I' in KiND."